IRS FATCA Form 8938 and the FBAR Form TD F 90-22.1

Form 8938

For US citizens and US permanent residents, you must file Form 8938 (also known as the FATCA Form) if your overseas investment assets are above $50,000 for an individual or $100,000 for a married couple (filing jointly) at year end. Additionally, on any given day during the year if your assets are above $75,000 for an […]

Receiving Gifts or an Inheritance from Relatives Overseas

Form 3520

If you live in the United States and receive a gift from a family member who lives overseas who is not a US citizen, you should be aware that the IRS requires the US beneficiary to file Form 3520 to report the gift.  You are also required to file Form 3520 if you are receiving […]