At the Law Office of Kevin A. Pollock LLC, we offer a variety of services to help small and mid-sized businesses and the owners of such businesses. Companies and partnerships are faced with numerous challenges and opportunities whether they are starting out, expanding, contracting, or planning for the orderly transfer of their business interests during life or at death.
Business law services that we provide include:
- Business Succession Planning—A business succession plan must be coordinated with your overall estate plan to ensure that your assets will go where you wish them to go and that you designate appropriate people to carry out your plan. A business succession plan may also involve Planned Gifting of business interests to your heirs or trusts for their benefit.
- Tax Planning—Minimization of state taxes and federal taxes, including capital gains taxes, federal income taxes, state income taxes, federal estate taxes, state estate taxes, state inheritance taxes and business payroll taxes is imperative when managing a business.
- Business Formations—Creation of limited liability companies, general partnerships, limited partnerships, C-Corporations and S-Corporations
- Creation and review of shareholder agreements, operating agreements and partnership agreements.
- Structuring sales of business interests, including drafting Buy-Sell Agreements.
- Advising you on the appropriateness of funding mechanisms for Buy-Sell Agreements - It is vital that you ensure your that there is proper liquidity to pay for the purchase or sale of any business interest. It is also essential to ensure that you have enough liquidity to pay for any buyouts.
- Ensuring that Corporate Records are properly maintained (such as Corporate Minutes and Banking Resolutions).
- Drafting employment agreements and independent contractor agreements.
- Drafting and reviewing lease agreements.
- Business restructuring, such as tax-free reorganizations.
- Helping to you to identify exit strategies.